Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Has Anyone Seen My Day Off?

Today is/was my Day Off - I think.  Seriously - what happened to my day?  Are days off shorter than 24 hours?   That must be how companies make it work - they give you a Day Off and then shorten it to 12 hours.  I am sitting (okay, lying) on my couch.  This is the same position I was in exactly 12 hours ago.   I remember getting up late, because it is, after all, my Day Off.  I remember my cup of coffee and reading the new Elizabeth Peter's novel.  But then POOF!, it's 11:00pm and time to go to bed.  

What did I do today?  I should have been at the pool, the beach, the mall... after all, it is my Day Off. I had   plans for today - clean the bathroom, go to the store, strip the bed, return my overdue books, start the dishwasher, empty the dryer, change the litterbox...  Nope, I would have gotten dressed had I done those things.  Yet, here I am in my jammies, lying on the couch - same as 12 hours ago.  Maybe I should call 911 to report a missing Day Off?

If anyone has seen my Day Off, could you text me?  Or better yet, could you send it home - I'll need it again next week.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Kim?!?! What about the writing goal? Bring it! Bring it! Bring it! Okay, so maybe now I'm the pushing, annoying encouragement bunny. Hate me if you will, but you are getting that book done and published my friend. Then you won't have to worry about days off because, guess what? You can quit your day job and become a professional novelist extrodinair! Okay, now I'm lecturing so I'm gonna go.
    P.S. - Last thing, I promise. 1,000 a day keeps the annoying encouragement bunny away... it's all out of love.

    ReplyDelete