Monday, September 20, 2010

Every One Needs One - Just Don't Kill It

I have a friend (yes, I know, I'm surprised too).  I have nicknamed her 'The Encouraging Bunny'.  She sends me a daily text reminding me who I am; a writer that should be writing.  Seriously, seems so simple, and yet...

Everyone who has a goal in their life and needs help/motivation meeting it should have an Encouraging Bunny.  Mine is not afraid to tell me what to do - like write a thousand words a day. Seriously - there are days when I don't SAY 1,000 words, let alone write them. She is not afraid to put her foot 'where the sun don't shine' to get me moving in the right direction.

When I finish my first novel under my own name, (My previous publishings have been as a ghostwriter... don't ask or I would have to kill you), a large part of the credit will go to my EB.  I'm just glad she doesn't live with me.   She doesn't see me roll my eyes when I get her texts.  She doesn't hear the sarcasm in my voice when I say 'Seriously?' when I read her texts.  She doesn't feel the raspberry I give my phone after I read her texts. Sometimes I want to take the drumsticks out of her paws and wrap them around those fuzzy pink ears.  She doesn't hear me whine like a five year old who knows what she should be doing but doesn't want to. She doesn't know I want to remain my lazy, unpublished self and lay on the couch and read instead of working.(Well, actually she does... that's why she is an Encourager Bunny).

My greatest fear is that I will somehow lose my Bunny.  I pray her batteries never run down.  I hope she never gets discouraged when her agent doesn't call her back.  I pray she can always pay her cell phone bill so she can keep texting me. I hope she doesn't get so busy with her own accomplishments that she can't bang her drum in my ear. I love my Bunny.

My hope for all of you is that an Encouragement Bunny finds you when you need one. Just don't be lookin' at mine... she's busy.

2 comments:

  1. Lol... Love you Kim. Don't worry I've got a life time supply of batteries ;) ... 1,000 words a day isn't that bad. (Don't you dare roll your eyes). Once you get used to it, you'll be able to pop those out in 30 minutes flat. It's kind of like exercise -- it hurts at first but eventually you develop buns of steal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you know I rolled my eyes? Have you got me on web cam?

    Thanks for everything, EB

    ReplyDelete