Monday, September 6, 2010

It's Hard When You are the Dumb One

I tried a new bathroom cleaner today.  It swore it would 'clean the tough stuff with no scrubbing'.  Sounded like a good deal to me.  So I sprayed it on.  The canister said it would, 'spray out blue and turn white when it was done'.  Okay - it sprayed out white and turned reddish brown while it was working.. I think.  That should have been my first clue.

So, after it was done streaking my tub, I scrubbed it down.  It actually did look better.  I rinsed the tub out and decided to take a bath to celebrate.  I ran warm water, filled it with bubbles and got in.

After I had been laying in the tub for about 10 minutes, I noticed my back and shoulders were burning.  Wow, I guess the water was hotter than I thought.  Another 5 minutes and it was very uncomfortable.  I rinsed off and got out.  That's when I noticed it - my back and shoulders were ablaze.

I promise I rinsed the tub out before I got in.  Seriously - I used the shower head, sprayed it around and soaked myself and the floor in the process.  Well, apparently not.  What you see here is a chemical burn.  After calling the Nurse on Call with my health insurance (useless), I called Poison Control Center. Sure enough, the chemicals in my tub cleaner are caustic.  Thankfully, the Poison lady was smarter than the on-call chick and told me what to do.  An hour after this picture was taken, the redness was a light pink and the stinging was gone.  No blisters yet either.  Hopefully, I caught it in time.

Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to burn your own back in your own bathtub?  Worst of all, there is no one to blame this off on.

1 comment:

  1. So, I totally just typed out a nice long comment to your blog then my internet went kaput. Grrr. So here's the Spark's Note version: Ouch. Glad it wasn't me but totally could see my self doing it. Use it in one of your many future novels. God has huge things planned for you. Run after it. Can't want to see your name in lights on the bestsellers list. Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete