Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Some of us work nights

Seriously - why do lawn companies send loud people and equipment into otherwise quiet neighborhoods at some ungodly hour of the morning?  I live in a gated community where the HOA provides the lawn care.  Sounds great, right?  Nope, not if you are asleep at 9am.

While I understand that a large portion of my neighbors do the 9 to 5 thing, I don't.  Hate it.  Do not ever want to do it again. My choice, I know, but why does the rest of the world revolve around up in the morning, off to work, home at night, early to bed? Retailers and Writers (of which I am both) don't follow that schedule. 

So to all of you garbage collectors, roof repairers, lawn care guys and construction workers out there - could you keep it down?   Some of us are trying to sleep!

3 comments:

  1. Lol. Our building caught fire a few month back and they are rebuilding part of our building from the inside out. I woke up early this morning and was is the kitchen. There was a weird rattling noise. At first I thought the fridge was dying on me then I realized they were drilling the wall closest to us.
    P.S.- Proud of you. Two posts in a row :) Now just make sure you get you 1,500 down, formated, and proofread for Saturday. I'm looking forward to reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea!!!! you, a prolific writer who I admire greatly, is finally freakin' writing!!!
    Funny post - although I'm someone you'd grow to hate, as I'm a LOUD, EARLY morning chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki - don't you love strange noise, early in the morning, that you have to chase down to make sure someone is not trying to break into your apartment! (1,500 done - bring it!)

    HP - love it! Thanks for the kind words, just not in the morning! LOL

    ReplyDelete