Saturday, August 28, 2010

Can You Spare a Quarter?

Money is tight everywhere.  Companies are having to come up with creative new ways to appeal to the shrinking disposable income of most Americans.   Families look for ways to squeeze a little more out of their already screaming wallets.   Creativity has become the word of survival.

The money squeeze has now hit a cottage industry that I never considered - the cardboard sign man.  Every town has them, the apparently homeless men (and women) that stand at the end of an off-ramp with a homemade sign asking for work or money.   All I can say is that it must be hard everywhere.

The sign at the end of the ramp today said:

'I'LL BET YOU CAN'T HIT ME WITH A QUARTER'. 

What?  You want me to throw a quarter at you?  Seriously?  I LOVE it! Talk about Creative!  Some marketing exec needs to snatch this guy up quick!    

1 comment: