Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back From the Dead

For everyone who has called, texted, e-mailed or otherwise tried to reach me this week, I have good news... I am back from the dead or as more commonly called, the FLU.

Yep, it got me.  Everyone around me had something i.e. strep throat, bronchitis, head cold, sinus issues, coughing, snotty nose, etc. I sailed past it all. I took my Vitamin C regularly. I drank my fresh fruit smoothies with a smile. I washed my hands religiously. I was the lone survivor of the holiday season with minimal downtime.  Then, on Christmas Eve, right on the cusp of victory, it found me.

I was flat of my back through Christmas Day until today. I moved from the bed to the couch, to the bed, to the couch and ... well, you get the idea.  It was AWFUL.  I suffered through three days of Pergatory waiting for Monday to come so that I could see my Doctor who could make it all better. Nope, he's on vacation.  His associates are taking care of things while he is away.  Yeah, next appointment is after the first of the year. Seriously?  Okay, Urgent Care here I come. Why would the word 'Urgent' be in the name of a place that held me and my insurance card hostage for FOUR hours?  Then, after robbing me of $50, the 'doctor' had the nerve to tell me that I was past the 3 day window for the Tamiflu to be effective in relieving my symptoms. Seriously? Hey, thanks for the cough drops.

The good news is that I am on the backside of five days of flu.  Supposedly, I am no longer infectious so I can go back to work.  Well, at least it's a new place besides my bed or the couch. Wait, a second... my phone's ringing. Sorry about that - it was my husband.  Guess who doesn't feel well? Sorry, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment